Wednesday, December 16, 2009

God of all Comfort!


2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (Amplified Bible)
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of sympathy (pity and mercy) and the God [Who is the Source] of every comfort (consolation and encouragement),
4Who comforts (consoles and encourages) us in every trouble (calamity and affliction), so that we may also be able to comfort (console and encourage) those who are in any kind of trouble or distress, with the comfort (consolation and encouragement) with which we ourselves are comforted (consoled and encouraged) by God.

When our hearts are hurting, we can run into our Fathers arms and He will give us the strength to get through the pain and the all the comfort we need ( sometimes He may comfort you by sending a special friend to you, who can speak a word of encouragement into your life, who may cry with you or pray with you.) When I am hurting I go to the book of Psalms and read, you can always find comfort in Gods Word!! Have you ever felt these words from Psalms were true for you Psalm 6:6 I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. (unfortunately I have!!) I love this Psalm 73:25-26 (Amplified Bible)25 Whom have I in heaven but You? And I have no delight or desire on earth besides You.
26My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the Rock and firm Strength of my heart and my Portion forever. I love to read through the Psalms, they really can make you feel better!!

And God is just so awesome that He can take the pain that we have suffered (no matter who caused it) and use our story-our pain to encourage and comfort and strengthen the people he places in our lives who are needing comfort. (He will send you to be an angel to someone else who is hurting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment