Thursday, December 10, 2009

God is Faithful!



So lets get started on the word Faithful!!
Lamentations 3:23 Great is Your Faithfulness!!He is so faithful!! We hear people say it-and sing it-but what does that really mean to me and you??!! Lets define the word Faithful, and make it more personal than a dictionary. God is my stay, I can always trust Him and rely on Him, I can safely lean on Him-He will prop me up. My God is always truthful, constant and loyal to me. I can always depend on Him! He will always be on my side!
Whether we choose to live for God or not in this life we will face challenges and obstacles that are much too big for us. We all have tough days and seasons! Some times doubts will try to swallow us up! Especially when it looks like everything is going to pot! I love what King David did in 1 Samuel 30:6 he strengthened himself in the Lord his God! (you've really got to read that whole story!!!) K. Dave was having one of the worst days of his life, he had cried until there was no strength left in him, people were talking about stoning him, things were looking as bad as they could get!! (I really like happy endings! I just wont even watch a movie or read a book if I already know it's going to end bad. I don't care about how predictable a happy end to a movie is-give me a good ending!!) This story ended great for David-God spoke to him-God was with David and was so faithful to him-David recovered all!! God can get you through the worst day ever! He wont ever leave your side!! He's a faithful God! He will hold you together!! You can trust Him and lean on Him-even when things look impossible!-With Him all things are possible! He can even take what the devil means to hurt us and destroy us and turn it around and weave it for good in our lives!! He is that AWESOME!! And He is so FAITHFUL to you and me!!! No matter what happens, don't you ever give up and stop believing that-instead strengthen yourself in the Lord !! David was a worshipper-read through the Psalm's of David and I think you get a peak into exactly what He did to strengthen himself! Psalms 56:3 When I am afraid, I will put my trust in Thee!!
David praised God and cried out for help! Psalm 60:11-12 Give us help! For deliverance by man is in vain. Through God we shall do valiantly, and it is He who will tread down our adversaries!!
Psalm 62: 5-8 My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be shaken. On God my salvation and my glory rest; The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us!!
Psalm 63:7-8 For Though hast been my help, and in the shadow of Thy wings I sing for joy. My soul clings to Thee; Thy right hand upholds me. (that Psalm is so good you really have to go read the whole thing!!lol! )
Look for God's faithfulness in your life- expect it every day!! You'll find it!
Oh and guess what? I think God likes happy endings too, because we are His, we get a happy ending too!!

Blessings to you!!! Jolena

No comments:

Post a Comment