Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Peace


Ive been so blessed in my life to have had the opportunity to go to Israel twice! And I dream of going back!! Shalom!! is understood to mean peace! you will hear it everywhere you go, and you will be saying it yourself by the time you leave. They use it to say hello and a goodbye! The Hebrew word Shalom means completeness, wholeness, health, peace, welfare, safety soundness, tranquility, prosperity, perfectness, fullness, rest, harmony, the absence of agitation or discord. Isaiah 9:6 Peace is not something we seek but Someone! Ephesians 2:14 Says that He Himself is our peace. 1 Corinthians 14:33 says that God is the author of our peace.So many things can happen in a day to try and steal our peace. But He wants us to give Him our cares, worries and failures!! And trust Him that He can and will take care of us!! We are his kids!! One thing I have figured out is that worrying about things doesn't ever fix them. (at this point Id really love to say I never worry!ha!!) But when I catch myself worrying I automatically say to God-I give this problem to you, forgive me, I'm trusting You to help me. His answers and solutions are way better than anything we could ever come up with worrying! And then I will-on purpose- change what I'm thinking about! Today put your eyes and thoughts on Him, seek Peace, pursue and go after it in every area your life!! Shalom yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment