Monday, September 21, 2009

Word Study

This is a word study to encourage myself to grow deeper in Gods word! Feel free to join me-and let me know if you do! One thing I know in my life is that I need more of Him and less of me. As this year passes I want to love Him more-know Him more-trust Him more!
So here's how the Word study works-I will post 2 words every month
**My post will also share some thoughts, the scripture or scriptures that I chose, and a picture of my card or scrapbook page.
Before you begin each study ask God to give you wisdom, knowledge and understanding!(He gives it liberally to those who ask!!)
**Then you will study your Bible and find scriptures that are meaningful to you based on that word.
**I love using Biblegateway.com to look up single keywords in the Bible. It is a great resource for your study. Or just use a Bible concordance.
** Keep a journal for your word studies. So that you can write down personal thoughts about the verses you are studying and expect God to speak to you through His word.
(with every study write down at least 1 truth or principle you can put into practice, then memorize your favorite verse from the study.)
**Then you will create a card or scrapbook page based on the word and the scripture or scriptures you have chosen(if your not feeling very creative decorate an index card with scripture and doodles.)

You can take a picture of your creation and send it
to me if you’d like (by the last Friday of every month)
and Ill post a gallery of everyone’s
work on my blog.
www.jolenaadams.yahoo.com
Please leave a comment and share what God has shown you through your study!!
Enjoy your time growing in Gods word!
And drawing closer to Him!
Lord bless you! Jolena

October words to study are: Believe and Faith

1 comment:

  1. I love you Jo. I love the work that God has done in your life. It gives hope to so many, including me. Sarah G

    ReplyDelete